Changing Lives is a video explaining the different aspects that are involved in organising a local sports club for Special Olympics Ireland to new volunteers (and starting clubs). It guides you through the different volunteer roles and shows the common sports activities as well as some related activities you might not think of which are organised in a sports club.
Finalists announced for MEDEA Awards 2016
The 8 finalists for the 2016 Annual MEDEA Awards were announced by the MEDEA Awards Organising Committee today. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Apprendre l'anglais avec les Tutos de Huito by Stéven Huitorel (France)
- Labhair Linn! Cabhraigh Linn! - Speak with Us! Support Us! by Edel Crosbie (Ireland)
- La Moselle ensauvagée - De l’eau et des forêts dans la vallée de la Moselle ou le retour d’une dynamique naturelle by Université de Lorraine (France)
- Magna Carta & the Emergence of Parliament by The National Archives of the United Kingdom (UK)
- Multimedia Wismo by Nadasdy Film (Switzerland)
- PopuLLar - Motivating secondary school students to learn languages through their music by Kindersite and partners (UK)
- Science Bits by International Science Teaching Foundation and Science Bits (Spain)
- Walking through the nature by Aleksandra Andonoska, (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)
The overall winner will be announced during the MEDEA Awards ceremony which takes place on Thursday 10 March during the Media & Learning Conference 2016 in Brussels. This year the awards attracted 195 entries from 34 countries and judging panel was made up of 124 judges.
Read the full press release